
These are the paint colors. The left one is "Macadamia", which we used in our kitchen in Colorado and really liked. This time, we're putting it in the bedroom and office/guest room. Next is "harmonic tan", which will be the top color in our kitchen. Then we have "mossy green" which will be the bottom color. (There is a white chair rail). "Refuge" will be the living room walls.
This is the couch material color...very close to the wall color. It's a suede-like material. I'm hoping I don't regret that. I figure Horton and Abe are golden, so their hairs sticking to it will just bring out the gold in the curtains. =) I also got this gold and
brown material to make pillows out of. Hopefully it will tie in the curtains and I want to get a chocolate brown area rug. We'll probably have lots of sepia photos on the wall, and I'd like to get a little bit of red in there somewhere. I may find some reddish pillows or vases or sculpture or something to bring that in. Not too sure yet. The deal is that the living room opens up to the kitchen and we have kind of rusty red kitchen chairs, so I want to tie those into the living room somehow. I may end up doing a painting that has all these colors in it to help the two rooms
flow together. I haven't painted in a while anyway and it would be good for me. I am actually kind of missing it. And just one or two drops of a rusty red in there may help set everything off. I don't know. I'll have to think about it for a while. Thankfully, Jesse is pretty easy going when it comes to decorating! Anyway, thank you all very much for humoring me with your thoughts on my blobs of color. I really appreciate it!! (Jesse probably did too, because the more other people that will listen to me rant on about colors and decorating, the less he has to!!)
3 comments:
Wow!!! How exciting! The colors look great! Hope it all works out the way you want...I think it will look very nice.
I'm liking it!!
I like it too.
Post a Comment