Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Updates...

I've been studying all day for my finals (tomorrow) and need a break so I thought I would blog. Always seems to be a good way to wind down.

House update: The water company will be digging up our front yard shortly. Apparently, a pipe needs to be replaced, which they discovered upon reading the meter when they changed over the billing to our name. I am quite sad about this news. I was so proud to finally have a nice looking lawn. Well, it was good while it lasted, and hopefully the hole will be small and grass will grow again soon. It's funny almost. Jesse and I drove by the house this morning just to see if our trash got picked up because we were unsure of when trash day is. We drive by and see this big square spray painted on the front grass with the word "DIG" in the middle. Not the best way to find out that you have a problem with your water pipe, but effective in letting us know none the less! Jesse called them and they said the whole thing would only take 20 minutes and shouldn't be a big deal, and apparently, they replace the lawn. (We'll see.)

Dog update: Abe know something is up. He breathes really heavy and paces now everytime he sees Jesse pick up a big box. Horton has become attached to my hip. He follows me everywhere now. I think both of them might be afraid that we are going to leave them behind in the move or something!

Jesse update: He has informed me that he starts new training this week at work. I can't remember the exact name of it, but he seemed pretty excited about it. He gets to sit in the pilot seat and steer the plane when they push out (or something along those lines). I am sure he could explain it much better than me. I just know he seemed very happy to "sit in the pilot seat". Hopefully it lives up to his expectations!

Highlight of the day: Jesse and I took a nap. I have this weird anal complex about sleeping on our sheets when I am "dirty" (wearing my normal clothes, have any hair product or make up on, etc). I only like to lay on the sheets when I am "clean" (showered). So, Jesse was under the covers and I was on top of the bedspread, and we had a huge pile of folded laundry on the bed. So I was sleeping in a weird position between the laundry pile and Jesse. Anyway, I started dreaming that I was being attacked by this huge snake and Jesse wouldn't move to let me get away. In the dream, Jesse told me to be really still so the snake will just slither over us, but not bite us. So I was trying to be very still, but the snake was crawling all over me and then started to bite my shoulder. At this point, I sort of woke up from my dream, but wasn't fully conscious of what was happening....all I know is that I leaped out of bed faster than I ever have before and sprinted up the stairs. Once I got upstairs, it took me a minute or so to realize what had happened because I was still in that "half awake/half asleep" state. Anyway, after fully waking up, I started cracking up. I think Jesse had tried to put his arm around me, and in my dream, his arm was "the snake", so I freaked out and leaped out of bed running. Poor Jesse woke up and just said the he thought I "got out of bed rather abruptly". So much for nap time.

Anyway, that's the day for the Nikkels......

1 comment:

Teach said...

Thanks for the updates Natasha, crazy dream.

Next thing we know, Jesse is going to be getting his pilots licence to fly the planes, not just steer them.