Saturday, May 13, 2006
Moving Day...(Or Not)
Well, seems like it should be time for an update. I wanted to post some pictures, but keep forgetting the camera when we go down to the house. Today was going to be our moving day, but we ran into a few little unplanned mishaps that have set us back a bit. We pulled up the carpet in the bedrooms. They have beautiful hardwood floors....totally covered in white paint and plaster. Oh, and one corner in the bedroom is plain plywood subfloor. They really should be totally refinished, but we just aren't up for that right now. So, a lot of scrubbing and a strategically placed area rug will do the trick for now. As soon as we are done scrubbing and getting all the staples pulled up, we hope to move in. We are thinking Wednesday-ish. Everything is painted. The dishwasher is installed (almost). The garden is planted. The water company came and did their business digging up our front lawn and then reseeding it. The Poang chairs are assembled. The dogs are going nuts over the change. We are ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gotta love those little hidden surprizes! Good luck with everything. Wish we could be there to give you a housewarming party! Hope your move goes well...your dogs must be getting a little experience with the moving thing by now!
I can hardly wait to see your house. But don't worry , I'm busy until mid summer so i won't inconvenience you right away. I know how stressed dogs can get ...Tember is distraught when I pack for holidays. Good luck with the move. Hope you're not using U-Haul. I'm just watching a program on W5 about them. Mom.
We were just talking about when you would come visit! You are welcome anytime....(get Jesse to get you some first class!) We are just borrowing a truck from my dad, so no U-Haul for us, although we did use them once before.
Post a Comment