Friday, April 07, 2006
Ironic
Life is ironic. Just last night and this morning I was thinking about how everything is falling back into place again. The checkbook is finally showing black ink instead of red....Jesse and I are starting our weekly date nights up again....we have a house under contract....flowers are blooming...the grass is green again....spring is in the air....everything is swell. Then today about an hour before it was time for me to leave work, my boss called me into her office. Usually not a good sign. Today was my last day of work. (Don't worry, I wasn't fired...I got laid off.) I knew that I was going to be laid off. I took the job knowing that it was seasonal. But, I thought it was seasonal until at least late May. In fact, during my interview, the lady told me it usually lasted until mid-June. Anyway, in my mind, the "swellness" of life recently was in part due to the fact that I had this seasonal job that was helping to earn enough extra money for things like appliances and furniture, and some padding in the savings account for when I got laid off to help us through until I got called back. Well, so much for that. And even though I knew I was going to get laid off, the abruptness of it still stung a little, and my mind immediately began racing. How will this affect our loan? Are we going to lose the house over this? Should I call the realtor and tell them or should I just not say anything and hope they don't check back into job verification again before we close? What about this and that?.... And what's even more of a kick in the pants, is that just this morning, the temp agency called me offering a temp-to-hire part time job that I said no to!! Between the hours of 4 and 5, I flipped back forth between Should I call the temp agency and see if the position is still open? No I haven't talked with Jesse about it. Should I call the temp agency? Yes, I need a job to get the house. Should I call the temp agency? No definitely not..... Anyway, you get the point. Finally, I came to the brilliant conclusion that I will just have to wait and see what life brings next. Sigh... In any case, tonight I have a psychology test and an essay to finish up. (Whoa Party Girl....hold back on these wild and crazy Friday nights!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment