Is it just me or has October been the absolute fastest month ever? I don't know why, but this month was very busy for us. I'm ready for a nap!
We had our BBBS Halloween party last Thursday, and thankfully we had ninja masks to wear. My mom came the rescue and sewed them for us. I have photos of us somewhere that I will post, but I'll have to hunt them down first. Jesse was in Nebraska this weekend photographing his very last wedding, so the memory cards all got cleared off before he left and I am sure the ninja photo is on one of these hard drives that we have floating around.
Speaking of Jesse, I'm excited for him to be done with weddings and moving onto a new photographic path. I can already see a shift in his photos lately as he's exploring some shots that are outside the normal realm of "Jesse". His risks seem to be paying off photographically speaking. It's funny, but it seems with any type of art, you see a reflection of the artist's own journey in it. When they stumble, when they are stuck, when they are confused, when they are riding high... Jesse may hesitate to call himself an artist and even in the past, I have said he is about 75% photographer and 25% artist, yet these past few months, I am beginning to see his art come out and he seems to be shifting into a new type of photographer. It's been a neat transition and I'm anxious to see what the end result is going to be. Technically speaking, he has always been top notch - the artistic side seems to be catching up rapidly now, and the collision is sure to be very good.
As for me, I am a week into my 2nd fall semester and plugging along at the degree. I try not to think about how far I still have to go, but rather how much I have already gotten done. Otherwise, I might get a little too impatient (as if I'm not already). I got my glucose test back and am apparently hypoglycemic. The only way to treat it is with a restricted diet, but I'm told if I don't get it under control, there is a good chance I'll end up diabetic, so I have been trying to take the diet thing seriously. It's been a tiring start - no sugar at all, and no fast acting carbs (like anything made with white flour!!). The switch over has made me feel very tired in the days, but apparently, it takes about 6 weeks to stabilize the blood sugar and insulin, and from there, I should be free of the tiredness, shakes, puking, passing out, and all of that good stuff (as long as I stay on the diet that is!). I sure hope so. Jesse says he is going to do the diet with me....well, he says "mostly, but not all the way". I'm interested to see this.... At least this thing has made me research a lot about blood sugar and insulin, and if nothing else, I am a bit better educated about how the body works!
Oh, I almost forgot...we decided on a living room color (I think at least). It's called "tea chest". Sherwin Williams of course. After all, I am their #1 fan. It's a brown shade, pretty neutral, and I'll post pictures of the room when we are done as well. Although, seeing as we don't even have the paint yet, it may be a couple weeks still. My goal is to have the bedroom finally finished and the living room painted before Thanksgiving, although I'm hoping it's much sooner. We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year, and I'm excited about that. I got some great recipes from Jesse's sister when we were up there for Canadian Thanksgiving and am hoping I can duplicate them as tasty as hers.
Alright, there is my update.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I'll try and do one this week too. I've been feeling under the weather so once am back to normal you'll find an update from me.
Post a Comment