So everytime we go away, little Horton seems to cause some trouble. Although, this round isn't as bad as him nearly killing himself by overdosing on prescription meds, he did manage to get into enough trouble that a vet visit is in order. He was slightly broken out from his food allergies before we left, but nothing really major, so we went on about our business. Well, Horton REALLY likes Riley's (my mom's dog) food. And of course, Riley's food is made up of everything Horton is allergic to. Despite that, he snuck back there one day and decided to help himself. Thankfully, my mom caught him red handed (er...pawed) before he managed to swallow too much. But, being that he was already broken out, this caused an even bigger breakout. So, off to the vet we go to get a cortisone shot. Our dogs are costing us some big bucks this month. Big Abe will be going in for a very minor surgery to remove a growth on his eye next week. I am just praying that he doesn't have to wear a cone. We did that once, and it was not fun (although it did prove for some comical moments).
Anyway, so here in the "human world", I got back from Canada yesterday and Jesse followed behind today. A very fast trip, and I've come back with a souvenir ten pounds. Mmmm...but it sure was tasty. Anyway, maybe I will post a picture or two after we have unpacked, although I am not sure if I have very many snapshots.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
MMMMM, Thanksgiving Dinner! We decided to have one at the last minute too... Turkey, Dressing, Potatos, Gravy.... I can't wait 'till next thanksgiving... in a month!
I thought of you when we were up there and wondered if you guys had made it up to visit with family or not. Yea, it's quite nice having the 2 Thanksgivings in a row!! =)
Post a Comment