Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Bobaloo
I found out today that my friend, Bobaloo, passed away. The odd thing is, I'm having a very hard time feeling sad. Of anyone I ever knew, Bob had hope, and I just can't be sad for him right now. When I heard the news, I immediately teared up, but within seconds, I found it hard to not just be happy for him. Maybe Bob is an example of what "death" should be. He was a living hope, and even in his death, seems to exude that same hope. I think of what it must be like for him to finally be freed from his tumors, from his joint pain, from his surgeries, and I think how wonderfully full his soul must be right now. I know we can all "cheese up" death, and say good things about people who in actuality drove us nuts, or pretend that everything is "for the better" even when we really just hurt like hell that they are gone, but with Bob, it's actually a sincere feeling for me. I actually really do believe it. There are no mixed feelings. I'm happy for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
at my grandmother's funeral, a number of the cousins and aunties were laughing, joking and enjoying each other. Some cousins got up and told funny stories about our precious grandma. Some of my aunties were angry that we could joke and laugh but others understood that this was a time to celebrate a life full of love, hope, and eternity. Of course we would all miss her, but we were so happy for her suffering to be relieved and new she was loving heaven!
Post a Comment