Sunday, August 20, 2006
Time Flies
Well, tomorrow I start another semester and this break between classes has flown! I thought I would post a quick update before things get busy again. The book review may be on permanent hiatus. It depends how busy this semester ends up being. We didn't take the cleaning job. We actually didn't even go to the interview. The day that it was scheduled for, Jesse found out that there is a good chance he may be able to go full time at United. We won't know for sure until this coming week, but figured it was worth risking the cleaning job to hold out in hopes that the full time thing there works out. Hopefully we will know this coming week for sure. Anyway, that means, I am back looking for something else part time. What else...oh, Horton had his yearly vet appointment and we are happy to report that he is very healthy (well, besides his crazy food allergies). We are highly considering changing to the BARF diet. It stands for "biologically appropriate raw food". Basically, the idea behind it is that dogs were not meant to eat kibble, which contains high amounts of grain, but rather, they were created to eat raw meat and things like that. So, you basically buy chicken carcasses and things like that, and feed that to them, with the occasional smushed up veggies and cottage cheese and such all blended up together (apparently, it simulates eating whatever is inside the stomach of the dog's prey). Gross, I know. But, when you think about wolves and doggie ancestors, it actually makes a lot of sense. We've heard that it can really help dogs with allergies, as well as other ailments. It just may be worth a shot. If it goes terribly, there will always be more kibble in the world to fall back on, eh!? Anyway, that is about all the excitement going on down here. Jealous, aren't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, how is your first week of school? Hallie starts preschool in two weeks. I can't believe it. She just got her first "back to school" backpack yesterday.
Looks like this semester is going to be more enjoyable than last---yay!!! I can't believe how fast time goes!! Hallie in preschool, Trae starting kindergarten. It's unbelievable. Be sure to post some "first day of school" pics on your blog for us!
Post a Comment