Friday, March 24, 2006

Crash!


Well, last Sunday I crashed and burned. I knew I was going to, because I could tell with work and school (I enrolled in accelerated courses and seriously underestimated the amount of work that they would be.) and house hunting and little time with Jesse I had bitten off more than I could chew. However, even though I knew it was coming, I didn't think it was coming that soon. I thought I could hold out at least 4 weeks or so! In any case, after a tearful, frustrated and overwhelmed Sunday, I went to work Monday and asked if I could go part time instead of full time. Thank God, my boss was more than understanding and I was able to start part time hours this week. I'm still keeping pretty busy, but not an unhealthy busy as before. In other news, we decided to make an offer on a house this week. It's tiny. Really tiny. They countered our offer, and we are in the middle of "countering the counter". I think this is basically our final offer, so if they don't accept it, we are just going to say "no deal". We should know by tonight whether or not they accept. If they do, I'll try to post a pic of the house on here. Either way, I think I will feel relieved. If they accept, then we don't have to deal with scheduling viewings and such. If they don't, we don't have to deal with getting the finances together and moving in a few weeks. I am looking forward to having our own place again...picking out paint colors again (my original color scheme will need some tweaking since this house is so small). We found Ikea furniture that I think we have decided on. The problem is, there is no Ikea in Kansas City. Thus, the plan is to fly to Chicago early one morning with just one small carry on. We pick up our items (two of which are chairs that will fit within airline checked baggage sizes) and one of which is a couch that we will have to ship back. But, this way, believe it or not, is still by far the cheapest way to get our furniture. Plus, ever since Jesse started work at United he has wanted to fly to Chicago for a day so that we can have deep dish pizza. Go figure...these airline privledges went straight to his head!! I think within the first week of work, he already had sixteen "day trips" planned! He sure seems to love working out there though. I've really never seen him so excited about a job, and he rarely complains about work. The only conclusion I have come to is that his gadget mind is just reeling over all the parts on an airplane. Whatever the case, I am happy he has found a job that he enjoys. Plus, the perks are pretty sweet. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you could go parttime rather than having to quit and find something else. I can't believe you have to go to chicago to get your furniture. don't they deliver? that's crazy. oh well, at least you will get pizza out of the deal.

Is James ever going to give us the eatmore recipe or what?

Natasha said...

I just checked James's blog and he finally posted that recipe!

Ikea delivers if you order online, but the cost of shipping is sometimes as much as the furniture!! Yuck. Next time we are up there, I want to go to Ikea to get some smaller items though. Kitchen clippies and cannisters and things like that. Maybe we can get Chris and Jesse to watch the girls and we can go shopping for a day. =)