Monday, August 09, 2010

Around Here

Besides night time trail races and lots of marathon training, the Canuck has been busy in the garage. I have helped approximately 1% to this point. (As in, I lifted and held one piece of drywall while he screwed it in.) I guess that's okay, as I imagine my work will come when it's time to tape and mud. I love plaster, spackle, and anything else of that general consistency. Drywall mud is so delicious....I can hardly wait to plunge a trowel into it.

The ever tough 1% ...

The ever tougher 99%....immigrant labor is the best!!


In other house news, I should have kept my garden savings calculations up to date after all. The garden got off to a slow start this year, but it has really perked up lately. I have been freezing tomatoes (lots of romas this year!), making salsa, trying to think of ways to use cucumber, and finding new recipes for kale.

This has to be one of my favorite summertime visuals.


And, with that, I just realized I haven't watered the gardens for some time. I should be off. In the meantime, I'm hoping your summer has been full of sticky popsicle hands, fresh lemonade, and good company!

4 comments:

Amy said...

MMMMMmmmmmmm those Roma's look delicious! Send some our way! They are my favorite tomatoes :)

I don't envy the drywalling! I helped JJ with all our top wall pieces in the house and it was BLOODY hard! Then we hired someone to tape....cuz that would have taken us a year to finish L. I'm excited to see how the garage turns out! :)

You never blog anymore. I've been waiting for a post ;)

Amy said...

Oh and your title breaks me out into singing counting crows...whom i haven't listened to lately and think I will turn on!

mom (Canada) said...

2 cukes and a few cherry tomatoes so far from our crop...

Anonymous said...

We are personally loving the fresh salsa made from some of your give-aways. Yum!

Can't wait to see the final "garage". Looks like a major change.