Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just Every Day Stuff

Well, we are not eating yummy Thanksgiving food with friends right now as planned. Jesse has bronchitis, so we decided to reschedule for next weekend. We also found out he is allergic to cefuroxime (an antibiotic). On top of bronchtis, he is now also itching with a rash thanks to the reaction. So, no bactrim for me and no cefuroxime for him... I should write that down somewhere so I don't forget. Anyway, Jesse has been pretty much confined to the couch for the last few days. I have been making Redbox runs for him and today I cleaned the house, washed all the bedding, and went crazy with the Lysol.

Sickness has been the big event as of late...otherwise, not really much to blog about. They came and installed the new furnace, so the house is officially ready for winter now (though I don't think I am). We also went and ordered some new glasses for Jesse before his vision plan at work runs out. They should be in sometime this week. We still don't really know what is going on with his leave of absence. We just know he should definitely be able to get it, but we don't know when it starts or for how long it is approved for.

Horton is sitting by me, and like Jeses, he is also covered in a rash. Poor dog. We think he may have developed a new allergy because we are having trouble figuring out what is setting this round off. I think we will have to get him a cortisone shot. We try not to do that when he breaks out, but if it goes on for too long or gets really bad, it seems to be the only thing that can bring him relief. He has started itching his hair off in some spots and I feel so bad for him. Abe has to go in for his annual shots this month anyway, so I am going to take them both to the vet this week.

I had finals on Thursday, so I have this coming week off and then it's back for the Fall II semester. Only 3 of these mini-semesters left. That's good stuff.

Well, I guess that's about all of the stuff happening around here. Maybe next post will be more exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Love the new heading! And always enjoy your blogs!

Anonymous said...

can dogs have Benadryl? That might help the itch
char

Natasha said...

Yep, you can give dogs benadryl. Horton has been loaded up on it, but when he breaks out really badly, it just doesn't seem to touch it, so we end up having to take him to the vet. Poor doggie.