I need to do a data analysis assignment, which means I need some data! If you feel like helping me out, follow the link below, take one (or both) of the tests, and then post your results in the comments section (and if you post an anonymous comment with your results, that is fine, but just please state your gender and race with it since I will need that data - or you can e-mail me if you'd rather not post your data in the comments section). Each test only takes a couple minutes. They are really quick.
There are 2 "implicit association" tests here - one about gender and one about race. Each is designed to uncover hidden biases. (Don't worry about sounding racist or sexist if you get high results...the majority of people will reveal some sort of bias.) For me, I show a "strong" bias for associating males with careers and females with family (which sucks for a feminist!!), and I show a "slight" preference for European Americans over African Americans. So there you have it, there are my unconscious biases.
Click here to go to the tests.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
-Slight Preference for white people
-little or no association between male and femal with career and family
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.
Your data suggest a moderate association of Male with CAREER and Female with FAMILY compared to Female with CAREER and Male with FAMILY.
go figure
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for African American compared to European American.
Your data suggest a moderate association of Male with CAREER and Female with FAMILY compared to Female with CAREER and Male with FAMILY.
yeah, no big surprise...
Thank you all - very appreciated!
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
From a male caucasian.
moderate auto preference to Euro-American
strong for male-career, female-family
No surprise on the last one, even though I was trying to show my daughter differently!!!
Natasha's mommy
Post a Comment