Today was the bridal shower for my almost sister-in-law. The theme was "panty party" and all in all, I think it turned out pretty well. There ended up being somewhere between 15 and 20 people. I've never had that many people in my house at once, and shockingly, we all fit! It was so nice to have my mom and step-mom helping. I think I would have felt a little lost without them! I realized I've never hosted any event besides small dinner gatherings for friends and family, but that is usually 6 people tops. I really like the idea of entertaining, but this morning, I did have a brief moment of panic when I realized that not only had I never hosted this many people, but also, most of the people that would be coming were complete strangers to me (her family, friends, etc). So having my mom and step-mom here was a really nice way to ease my way into things and not feel totally freaked. And having Jesse's support was great too, because not only did he help me clean the house and get the backyard all cleaned up nice, he also took Horton and Abe away for the day so that I didn't have to worry about dogs trying to eat people's cake or generally rubbing up against people who don't love dogs as much as I do. So thank you Jesse!!

I made another fondant cake. I wish I had more special events to make cakes for, because I really like playing with dough. My piping didn't turn out as nice as I had hoped, but I will keep practicing!

We decorated in pink and white. Pink is my sis-in-law's favorite color.

One of many funny gifts...
3 comments:
Your cake looks beautiful! If you lived closer you could help me out... fondant has always scared me. Looks like you had a fun time. Where did Jesse take 2 big dogs for an afternoon?
If you want, I can send you my recipe for fondant - it's very non-scary and a lot easier than I thought fondant would be. Jesse went to my mom's house with the dogs. I don't think any other place around here would have them!
Natasha! I love this cake, it's beauatiful!!!
Can you send me the recipe for your fondant again? If it's no trouble...
israelson@shaw.ca
Thankyou so much!
Post a Comment