Our other recent adventure, well, actually this was more Jesse's adventure at which I laughed and took photos while feeling terribly sorry for him. He went down into the crawl space to check out some wiring down there and things were all well and good....until I suddenly heard yelling, looked over at the hole in the ground, and saw Jesse fly up out of it in a single bound. (Trust me, no small feat.) He had seen something dead in the corner, which we instantly knew was a mouse. Jesse isn't a fan of mice or snakes, so I offered to go down and be the one to get it, but he insisted that he would take care of it. So, he began suiting up. He put on his work coveralls, then began duct taping every place where anything could get in his clothes and crawl up him. I was trying my best to hold back laughter, but didn't do a very good job. After getting all duct taped up, he put on his respirator and grabbed a shovel (to pick it up with) and a bucket (to put it in) and then quickly informed me that we would be buying a new bucket and disposing of this one. A few minutes later, and he emerged triumphant. I was very proud of him because this is seriously one of his biggest fears come to life and he handled it so well! Anyway, this, we figured, was the mouse's revenge from our escapades a couple months ago. We went through the house and there were no new signs of them being inside here, so we figured maybe the one that had taken up residence under our dishwasher decided to move into the crawl space after Jesse scared the crap of it by trying to shop vac it up when he saw it. Jesse made yet another trip to Lowe's to buy poison and spread a bunch more in the crawl space. He thinks they were getting in near a hole where the air conditioning unit stuff runs into the house, so he also put screen and boards over any little crevice he could find. Hopefully this is the last of our rodent ordeals.
Check out the man in action!!


4 comments:
In my defense, the "mouse" was enormous. We don't have mice this big where I come from - we call them rats. Head to tail, he wrapped 1/3 the way around the inside of a 5 gallon bucket (I have a photo to prove it!)
Natasha keeps saying that "field mice" can be that big. I don't know, I'm still not convinced.
Email me if you want to see the photo to decide for yourself.
that is hilarious. thanks for making me laugh. i'm glad you concured a fear Jesse.
Where did you get your curtains...i love that fabric!
I hope you guys get power soon.
Those curtains are actually our old shower curtain. I really liked the pattern, so I decided to cut them down and sew them into kitchen curtains so that I could keep them in the house somewhere.
First of all, I am glad my brother didn't make you go down and get the mouse. Way to be a man Jesse! I love the outfit... smart thinking!
Second, I will have to go back to the original post because I didn't notice your curtains, I was too busy laughing at Jesse's exterminator outfit.
Finally, I am glad you guys escaped the storm rather unharmed. We are reading a book on tornados with the boys and noticed you guys are right close to tornado alley. The boys were a little concerned for your safety. I think we will remind them to pray for you guys!
Post a Comment