Thursday, December 06, 2007

This week

This has been a good week so far. I got about 95% done with my research papers, so most of the work is behind me. Jesse brought me Chipotle (I don't think they have them up north yet, but picture a Subway for burritos, very yummy) for lunch at work on Tuesday, which was definitely the highlight of the work day. It snowed today, so Horton and Abe were very happy to be licking it and eating it up. And, we also got our furniture set up this morning (after trying about 100 different arrangements). Tonight, we had dinner with my Dad and step-mom for my birthday. We went to an Irish place, and I got to try a boxty, so that was my new thing of the day. (I've come to appreciate new experiences a lot in the past year, even if they are small, like a boxty.) Tomorrow Jesse has the day off work (yeah!), which means no alarms going off at 3am on my birthday morning. That in itself is a very wonderful gift. In any case, here are a few photos of what we finally decided on for the living room arrangement.






Hmmm...this one reminds me of something I may have seen before...

7 comments:

Teach said...

Way too funny!! Not an image I really wanted when I picture my brother-in-law but very funny!

Anyway, let me be the first Canadian to wish you a "Happy Birthday", Natasha! It's too bad that we could not be there to celebrate it with you. I hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your new furniture! And enjoy your day ... I'm glad Jesse has it off.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you weren't in your underwear Jess! Your furniture looks great Natasha...good things you don't have kids. We better not come visit until Naleah gets out of her "coloring" stage. She has left her mark on way too many peices of my furniture lately.

Anyways, hope you have a great birthday today.

Natasha said...

Thanks for the bday wishes everyone! (And Naleah is still welcome here
even if she colors on things! Actually, this furniture is supposed to be able to hold up to all of that. I watched a demo where they smeared ketchup, mustard, and grape jelly into it, then cleaned it out. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype!)

Anonymous said...

way to funny. i think he's preparing to sport the homemade underwear Cher is sending him :)

I'm glad you had a great day!

mike said...

to funny

Author of Blog: Kendra Israelson said...

Check out the popularity here! Too many comments to count;)
Well I just wanted to add that I think you need a little more "stretch" in that one leg Jes... almost perfect!
hm. and i thot words could not describe. guess i was wrong.
"Almost perfect"!

Kendra

Also, Happy (Belated - sorry!) Birthday Natash!!! I have been a little busy to check blogs lately so I missed the update on your b-day. Hope it was a blessed one!