Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bigs and Littles

So after Jesse got accepted to BBBS, we were pretty excited and thinking we would get to see some profiles within a week or so. Not so much. We hadn't heard anything for about a month, so I e-mailed our case manager guy to inquire. I know that our "interests" are probably harder to match than some other people's, being that most little boys are really into watching sport and stuff, and we aren't, but there are apparently a few hundred kids on the waiting list, so I figured surely at least one kid would have some of the same interests as us! Anyway, so I e-mailed and just asked if there were any potentials coming up...lo and behold, a couple days later, we have 2 profiles that were done way back when. I think maybe we had been forgotten. Anyway, so we picked one, but there may be a slight schedule conflict, so we aren't sure if it will work out or not. Unfortunately, with Jesse's new schedule there are only two nights a week that we could meet with a Little - both weekdays. The profile we picked said he was mainly open on weekends, but it was done back in February, so we're hoping his schedule has changed since then. Our case manager was going to call his mom to check on the scheduling, and then if he's open, will give the mom and the Little our profile. Then they decide if they accept us or not and we go from there. We should (at least I'm assuming) know this coming week. I think it will be a lot of fun if things work out.

In the meantime, I will be on a mission to revive our front lawn. The neighborhood goes a little like this....green, green, green, green, BROWN, green, green, green... The brown would be us. Jesse was chatting with a neighbor the other day and he pointed to our lawn and mentioned "It gets that way every summer since such and such company came to spray it." I don't know if they overfertilized and burned up the roots or what. It at least made me feel better that we didn't just kill the lawn all on our own this summer. It apparently revives in the fall some, but we plan to give it a good power rake and then reseed to see if we can keep it through the summer next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope it works out to get a "little"!!

Good luck with the lawn. A green lawn is nice to come hoem to.