Thursday, July 06, 2006
The Monger Mocker Becomes a Monger...
Alright, so I spoke too soon about the trash mongers. I saw a fake tree in one of the piles. I don't want it, but I know that my mom has been searching thrift stores high and low trying to find fake trees to help decorate her classroom this coming fall. Apparently, those things are quite expensive, even at some thrift stores. Anyway, so I considered just knocking on the door and asking if I can have it. Seems slightly less monger-ish, right? But, it's after 8 and I don't think that anyone really wants to be disturbed by a trash monger in the evening, especially this late. But, then the dilema - if I wait to ask until tomorrow evening, will some other monger get my goods during the day - or will the trash man make it to our part of town tomorrow?? Then I will be wishing that I would have acted faster. So what's a monger-mocker to do? I would just take it, but it's at the house right across the street, which would be really kind of awkward and embarassing if I got caught in the act of mongering. Hmmmm.....I'm tempted to hire a hit man, which would be Jesse. The advantage there is that he leaves for work so early in the morning. Hmmmm...I will keep you updated as the mongering unfolds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would wait until 11pm when it's dark and then I would run and grab it. Make sure you put it in your trunk though so they don't see you carrying it out of your house next week when you take it to your moms :)
Shawna, you have such a great daughter!
Sooo...what happened? I am dying to know! It is kind of akward for a neighbor to take your "trash". This spring I watched as a guy down the street took the table our neighbors left out. Only thing was he did it at 8 in the morning when everyone was leaving for work! I am with my sister...do it late at night...maybe wear a disguise...
Post a Comment