I've been meaning to post some photos from the 4th, but editing wedding photos takes the cake over personal photos, so the Mac has been tied up. In any case, the 4th was not only Independence Day, but also my Grandpa's 85th birthday. We went up to his birthday party in the afternoon and then went to a fireworks show that night. Although I am not crazy about really big family get togethers with my family, I do love seeing my Grandpa enjoying himself, and he seemed to be doing just that. It made all of the forced conversation with distant relatives and friends of the family that I don't really know worth it. And Jesse hangs in there alright too, although I know it surely seems doubly worse for him. And even though I didn't recognize half the people there, it makes me proud that my Grandpa still has so many people who love him and would go out of their way on the 4th to drive up to a tiny little town and celebrate with him. I hope that I am surrounded with as many friends and family as he is when I am that age. In any case, we got home from the party and Jesse had a short nap while I worked on a sociology essay. After that, we loaded up the dogs and went to my mom's house. Her town is actually known for having one of the best fireworks displays in this area. We were both pretty tuckered out by the end of the night, and the dogs were too...what with all of that barking at firecrackers, and cowering in fear of the loud booms and such. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the fireworks show....Jesse waiting for it to get dark so things can begin....8 parachute people come down before the show, the last one carries a big flag....then the fireworks begin.



No comments:
Post a Comment