Monday, January 23, 2006

"Jesse is Brilliant"


Okay, so here's the follow up to that last entry where Jesse informed me how brilliant he is. I have to say, he is pretty amazing at anything mechanical. It just comes to him somehow. Anyway, although this is maybe more craft than art, here is my latest project (that I couldn't have done without Jesse's help). I love wall mounted lights, but not the commitment that goes along with them, so I thought making a headboard that's extra wide and then mounting the lights to that would be a good solution. I was planning this for our next house. In the middle of that, we decided that it was time to redo my mom's bedroom. So I thought it would be a great test run to make one for their bedroom and see if it really works out or not. Anyway, I had it all pictured in my mind and it was going to be so easy. We bought the material, a piece of mdf to mount it on, batting, and got it all upholstered. Then when it came time to mount the lights, I realized I didn't really think through any of the electrical parts, or where the switches would go and things like that. That's when I handed the project off to "brilliant Jesse". Needless to say, thirty minutes in the garage, and he has delivered the lights fully mounted and working, complete with switches on the sides. Each light even has it's own switch. I think we will definitely be making another one of these for our house. This is going to look kick butt when it's mounted up against the red coral wall. I am proud of this headboard, and my husband too.

No comments: