Enter my current job. For the last year and a half, I've been living in a very black and white numbers-ey world. It's been a pretty radical shift for me, fresh off working for an interior designer and taking art classes. My job feeds my left brain really well, but I have to admit, it's made my right brain very, very sad. I decided I need to make an effort to get some art and creativity back into my life, so the other weekend I went to Barnes and Noble and spent some time browsing the art and craft books, hoping to get some inspiration. Not much came of it, except the realization that most crafts require at least basic sewing skills. Sigh.
A day or so later, I asked my mom if I could borrow her machine and went looking for a really simple project. Maybe, I told myself, my previous failures were due to starting off with projects that were too hard. (Those pillows and hemlines are a real bitch, ya know...trouble for even the best of sewers no doubt.) =)
Anyway, I found this link for a "15 minute dress" and it met all my requirements - cheap, easy, lots of photos, and step by step instructions. This afternoon I went to Hobby and Lobby and got my supplies - two bandannas, and some ribbon. (And some felt because I thought it would be fun.)
And.....it actually worked!!!! I was so stinking excited!! (Never mind the fact that a dress for a 3 year old girl is utterly useless to me at this stage in life.) Also, don't mock me just because I only had to sew 4 straight lines.
Here is my end product. It would probably look cuter if I had ironed it...oh well. That's another thing I don't do well.
Anyway, if you happen to have a 3 year old girl, this really was easy. It wasn't quite "15 minutes" of easy for me...more like 30, but still...
7 comments:
I love it!!!!
OMG!!! This is so stinkin' cute!!!
This dress is absolutely ADORABLE! And if you make another one that is pink with the brown I will buy it from you! Name a price! :) (My niece would look adorable in it:) )
Funness!! I can make you a pink one for sure! Do you want it to be just like this with the brown heart? You can just pay for the shipping and materials as long as you promise to send me a pic of your niece wearing it. =)
Oh AWESOME....ok sweet. Yes I do want everything the same just pink not blue:)
Blue is nice but my sister in law likes pink:)
I will take a pic for sure!
Let me know the cost I'll have to figure out the difference in canadian too...and I will send you a cheque. No hurry I won't be able to get money to you til the first of Aug comes around, but YIPEE! Rhian (my sister in law) is going to LOVE IT!!!
I'm not sure what size you can do. My neice is very long for her age. If you made a 6mos dress that would be perfect:) She's long and thin just like Noelle. Anyways just email me with the price and I will email you back with my address....oh and I need your address too! :)
Ha...here's my email
amy@intdesign.ca
forgot to include that! :)
Also, if you could price out sending it to California opposed to here that would be great, because I guess my sister in law is heading down to cali to see her fam at the end of August. Not sure if you would even have it done by then ect, but she suggested that if it was cheaper you could send it to her mom's place there and she could pick it up when she gets there (if it's cheaper) Just let me know either way and I will get you an address:) Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment