Well, most of you probably know by now that Dwight (who is now called Bean) is a permanent fixture in our house. We officially adopted him yesterday. I think somewhere in the back of our minds, we knew we were horrible at fostering, but it was always one of those "what if" lingering questions of mine.... Now I have my final answer: we suck at fostering. Maybe when we are older and have no other permanent dogs, we will get to a place where we can be a revolving door of dogs in need, but for now, if it has four legs and enters our home, it generally stays.
Actually, since getting Monkey, we have discussed the "need" for a third dog. Horton will be 11 in May and Monkey is probably around 2, so their energy levels are not a good match. Bean is a nice buffer that helps meet Monkey's need for play, and Horton's need for rest. (And my need to fill the house with as much furry love as possible.) Bean seems to be that magical dog that had the ability to slide into our family without missing a beat. Monkey even shares her toys with him, which is a small miracle in and of itself.
In any case, beyond doggie news, the weekend has been kind of depressing. It was beautiful all week while I was stuck indoors at work, and I was so excited for the weekend, making big plans to do some yardwork, grill out, and enjoy some summery drinks. Instead, in a bipolar moment, Mother Nature dumped a few inches of snow, completely covering my very first daffodil that bloomed this season. I have pretty much been sulking ever since. On top of that, Jesse didn't get in until 3 something last night, courtesy of the crap weather, delayed flights, and poor McManagement.
Oh well, hopefully this time next weekend I will be outside enjoying some sun! Next Saturday is the inaugural Rock the Parkway and I am eagerly anticipating seeing the hubs run a sub-20 5k. After that, a 4 day work week and Easter are in the pipe! So really, I guess once this snow melts, everything is looking up.
But until then, I mope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you changed the dog's name. Dwight didn't seem to work. Thought Jesse might change it to Eisenhower or something (like when your Tim became Horton...all you Canadians will catch that one,eh).
Bean works! And if you yell 'Monkey Bean', I can see them both running!
"Monkey Bean!" lol! What a great way to turn heads and get the attention of both dogs!
Post a Comment