Here's Horton and me doing the walk. We started out in front and ended up toward the middle-back, as Horton wanted to mark anything that stood over three inches tall.

Jesse and Monkey doing the walk... Monkey was in ADD mode all day. It looks like she is walking nicely here, but don't let her fool you. We'll just say she was really living up to her name.
Trying to get the dogs to stop for a photo...they obviously have their eyes focused on something else.
Note the headlock maneuver Jesse is pulling on Monkey in the photo below. She was still for about two seconds.
When we got home, Horton immediately crashed out on the floor and has pretty much been sleeping ever since.
Monkey was completely delighted that her goodie bag included a toy. Once home, she successfully ripped it apart, and then decided it was nap time.All in all, I think the morning was a success! There was a really good turn out, which I was very happy to see. Lots of raffles and various games at different booths with proceeds going to the shelter, and of course, doggie adoptions! I'm looking forward to going to the shelter tomorrow to get the final count on how many found new homes. It would sure be nice to see some of the old "regulars" get adopted out. I think Jesse honestly thought we would be coming home with a third dog, courtesy of me, but I was able to withhold. (Barely.)



3 comments:
Love the pix! (especially Monkey with the toy)
Monkey wasn't the only one in ADD mode - it was a lot for me to take in too!
At least you didn't start marking anything Jesse! I didn't know if you could withhold getting a third Natasha!!! Nothing wrong with a big family (even if they are of the canine variety!)
Post a Comment