Saturday, July 11, 2009

Math

This:

Plus This:

Equals This:


Monkey is still learning the rules of the world. We have tried to give her tons of exercise to prevent the above photos! Apparently, this day we failed at that. For her age though, we are lucky we have not had more incidents like this. She is probably even younger than we thought when Jesse first found her. We thought she was about a year old when he found her, but since getting her, she has grown another couple inches, so we're thinking she is probably still quite a young pup. All in all, if she's still less than a year old, she is actually doing quite well in her training. It is funny to watch her as she develops her skills. For instance, she gets SO excited when I get home from work, so she wants to jump. Of course, we do not want this, so I immediately tell her to "sit" when I walk in now. What this translates to when she is excited is "touch butt to ground and LEAP back up". It is generally quite cute and funny, since she does display that she understands what you are asking of her, but she does it in her own crazy puppy way. Next step: the "stay" command!

2 comments:

mom (Canada) said...

Oh, no! I hope those weren't the comfy sandals you got for vacation last year!

Author of Blog: Kendra Israelson said...

ok I haven't read your entire post yet but I had to stop and say that I'm so so so sorry about your beautiful sandals!!! We've nearly murdered our dog many times for things like this... hope you get through this annoying puppy stage soon;)