So, now that I'm back to psychology, and graduation is looming nearer...
If I want to go to grad school, I've got to get my stuff together this fall to meet application deadlines and what not. I'm looking into a couple research internships right now and studying for the GRE. I'm skeptical about it all. There are really only two programs that I am interested in applying for, and one of them accepts less than 5% of applicants. I'm not sure what the odds are for the other program. Nonetheless, it's competitive. If I can't find my way into some research experience this fall, then I may not even bother applying. I'm pretty sure that without that piece, I would be wasting my time. So, for now, I'm anxiously awaiting follow-up e-mails and what not to see whether or not the research stuff can work out. I probably won't know for a couple weeks yet.
I think I'm pretty okay no matter how it all pans out. After all, there are also a lot of positives to not going to grad school and just working. And a PhD is a pretty heavy investment in career. I'm not sure what that would mean for us in terms of family and kids. So I guess really, I'd be super excited if grad school worked out, but in some ways, I suppose I'd be relieved if it doesn't. So, either way comes with some positive emotions.
Anyway, in case you're wondering what programs I am looking at - one is clinical psych with a health emphasis and the other is just straight up sociology.
For now though, I don't even know for sure that I am applying. I wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i think you should plan to come see us before you start school...don't make me get the girls to make you a heart wrenching manipulative video :)
Jesse's Uncle Ron's first degree was in clinical psychology ... might be interesting to hear what he has to say.
Post a Comment