Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Bike and Other Random Objects

This is a bad photo of my most recent purchase that I am very excited about:



I have been wanting a bike for a few months now, and have been casually browsing craigslist looking at them to see how much used bikes cost. I didn't think I'd be getting one anytime soon, because I quickly realized that used bikes still go pretty high. Anyway, I got super excited when I saw this bike because not only is it old-fashioned, which I really wanted, but even better, it was 10 bucks! At that price, I decided I couldn't pass it up. I am hoping that it will be a good investment in exercise and saving gas money. (We filled up our Passport for 65 bucks today...ouch.) Anyway, Jesse and I went down to the park by our house and I rode my bike while he rollerbladed. For once, I can actually keep up with him on the Rollerblades! We used to go a lot together in Colorado, but he would always have to go slower for me. Now with me on the bike instead of my Rollerblades, Jesse can actually go at a decent pace and not have to worry about leaving me in the dust. From our house, it's about two miles to the grocery store, and I am hoping that I can work my way up to being able to ride my bike there instead of driving to get groceries each week. It would be a piece of cake if it were flat, but it's two miles of decently steep hills. We'll see how that one goes. In the meantime, I can at least use it for the many quick runs we do right by our house, like getting a Redbox movie.

In other happy product news, I am pleased to give an update on the lion wrinkle battle. I started using Avon's Intensive A Line Treatment with the RetroActive cream, and I am now a loyal customer. It gets my official best-product-I-have-purchased-in-a-very-long-time title. Now I just hope Avon doesn't discontinue it.

My product-that-I-don't-really-want-but-I-need-anyway is a GRE study guide. I am still not sure if I want to go to grad school or not, but I think I should at least apply and see if it's even an option. Then I can make my decision. As such, I need to take the GRE relatively soon. I did some practice questions online and pretty much bombed them. Which means, I really need to study.

My on-the-search-for product is a pair of sandals. Last year on vacation, I ended up wearing my 3 dollar flip flops the whole time because the other shoes I brought gave me blisters on the back of my ankle before we even got to the park. The flip flops also gave me blisters between my toes, but at least it took a good 6 or 7 hours before making them. Anyway, due to this predicament, my feet were very sad during and after vacation. I decided this year, I need to just buck up and get a pair of decent fitting sandals that I can actually walk in for long distances without blisters, back pain, or something else that makes me whine to Jesse. You would think this would be a relatively easy thing to find. But no. I have come to the conclusion that I have extremely high maintenance feet.

For now, I am off to spend some time with my recent consuming-mass-quantities-of product: lentils. Cheap. And they make yummy tacos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now I know what I can do for you! Let me help you with a pair of sandals. I just read an article on flip flops the other day, (or maybe it was something on TV that I saw), and it was said that flip flops are causing back, leg, foot issues because they should only be worn for short periods of time. Your stride, and your 'walk' change when wearing flip flops. So ... you need something better for vacation! See you Tuesday, I hope.

Anonymous said...

A really great sandal to check out is the brand name "Keen." I don't know much about them yet, but they are a waterproof athletic sandal that has good support for your feet...and they're pretty stylish looking too. I think they have a website...

Anonymous said...

www.keenfootwear.com :)