
Jesse relaxing (and hiding from the camera).

I made his favorite (or at least one of his favorites) meal...and of course, we had to have the traditional ice cream cake (aka huge hunk of ice cream covered in magic shell).
He also got to open one of his presents early.
Last winter, Jesse really wanted a "family photo" in the snow, but we didn't get too much snow...mostly just rain and nasty ice stuff. This year, however, we have gotten plenty of snow, and yesterday we got some more, so we decided it would be a good day to take the photo. Getting Horton and Abe to cooperate is always the hardest part...in the end, I think we managed to get at least one shot where we were all facing the camera.
Abe giving some birthday love...Anyway, today has been more mellow. Jesse finished off his cake today, and has a good start in on the bathroom candy. (Birthday tradition is to decorate the bathroom with streamers and candy while he's sleeping....hmm, all birthday traditions revolve around sugar...) In any case, when I got home from class, Jesse played me a very cute voicemail, so I got to listen to Hallie serenade Uncle Jesse (which he loved).
So, happy birthday, Mr. Handyman Can Fix Anything Makes Me Smile and Laugh is Very Smart and Talented Nikkel! You are my favorite Canadian ever!
4 comments:
Love the pix! I tried to do a self timer photo of me and the dogs in the snow (didn't work too well). I had down loaded some of your pictures from various blogs and (along with 50 or so other family ones) had put them on a handy photo key chain which I took to the Dominican to share with my friends. However, after going through security, the screen was blank. When I came back home I recharged it and the pictures came back. Is it possible that I can't take it through airline security? The manual says to keep away from magnetic fields - did it suck the battery power? Ask Jesse for me. Anyway, I was very disappointed that I didn't have a backup system for sharing photos with my friends.
whats that favorite meal he is eating?
hallie is waiting for him to call her back. she said "uncle jesse will call me back for sure, right mom?"
Mom, Jesse said he's never heard of that happening with security draining batteries - he thought maybe it got turned on in your bag by accident and drained it?? Not sure.
Hallie, Uncle Jesse said he is planning to call you this weekend. He really liked your message.
Oh, sorry Nikki, forgot to answer your question! He is eating fried chicken and mashed potatoes with brown gravy. Big on mashed potatoes.
Post a Comment