Saturday, March 31, 2007

This Is Not A Post

In realizing that my blog is becoming all about house projects/lawn/garden stuff lately, I told myself a couple days ago that my next post would be about something different, and that I'd give the house and garden stuff a rest. I told myself I'd maybe take a photo of Jesse and post it, or maybe of Horton playing the hose. As such, I am not going to post and tell you that my radishes and lettuce are up. And I'm definitely not going to tell you all about how hot my compost pile is now. I'm not going to say that it's really cooking and when I was turning it two days ago, I could feel the heat coming off like a little mini fire. I'm not going to tell you that my peonies are bursting through the ground now, and that the plants somebody on my garden forum sent me last fall actually survived and are beginning to bloom! I will not tell you that yesterday I spent a few hours mulching all of the beds. I won't mention that I totally fell in love with mulch and realized yesterday that it makes a really shabby looking bed suddenly look all nice, neat and well cared for and that now I plan to invest in it annually. I won't say that Jesse bought timbers for another raised bed and that we are hoping to have rock delivered next weekend to finish the backyard landscape project, which means that we can finally put up the swing that we bought for our anniversary. No sir, I will not bore you with these garden and yard rambles that only interest me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok and i will not tell you that we have had snow for 4 days straight and i will not tell you that the little robins and birds are freezing around here, i will not tell you that i'm sick of winter and i will not tell you that i want to visit you and your spring and flowers right now!!!!!:)
amy