
Jesse has been in DC all week (with his cameras), so I haven't taken any photos of artwork (not that I have any to take photos of at this moment anyway). But, I plan to soon. In the meantime, I am going to bake some cookies and think about traveling somewhere. I feel like it has been so long since I have seen a world outside of my own. I found myself asking God if I could go on another trip a few nights ago. Surprised even myself, but now that the thought is there, it's not really leaving. I remember being in YWAM, and having this sense of wonder that I have never had before. It was like there were no borders on my box. Literally, the world was at my fingertips. Somehow though, I slipped into this mode of thinking with borders all around me. The thought of going to Thailand didn't cross my mind anymore. It's out of my reach...It's not in my daily life...The opportunity isn't there....so it goes off my radar screen and I forget about it. In fact, I forget about nearly everything except the world that I see every day. Recently though, it's as if I've been jarred back into the notion that there is an opportunity everywhere. And "why not?" is suddenly a major part of my vocabulary again. Life is exciting again. This is a good place to be. Ironically, a stable place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment