Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Garden Bean

I think I may give up already and forget the garden savings calculator this year. We have had terrible weather for seedlings - so much rain, the poor things are waterlogged. I don't know if we will get much of any tomatoes or peppers when the heat comes. Wait and see I guess.

Until then, at least we have been able to pick a few strawberries. Bean especially likes to help me harvest. No matter what I am getting in the garden, he makes sure he gets some too. Even stuff like lettuce, he will happily "harvest" right beside me (by tugging on the fruit or lettuce leaves until he has some success). The strawberries are his favorite though. He has a very specific technique for these delicate plants.

First, you must sniff out a ripe berry. He feels it is his responsibility to make good use of the keen, God-given, dog sense of smell, ya know?


Then, you pick it from the patch, and enjoy the fruit of your labor on the sidelines.



(Sorry for the horizontal photos...still have not found our photoshop cd to install on the Mac, and don't feel like firing up the PC to get to elements...and I don't like picasa either, for the record. Bah humbug!)


3 comments:

mom (Canada) said...

He's good at what he does!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

mom (Canada) said...

Maybe you are saving on dog food, not garden savings!?