I told them we could help out by going to get their dog, Jackson, and bringing him with us to Jesse's trail race, since they had no idea when they would be able to let the little guy out to pee or get some exercise. So, we got our own dogs loaded, picked up Jackson, and headed toward the race.
About ten miles into the drive we heard a loud pop. Two minutes later we were on the side of the road with a flat tire. Of course, we were already running slightly behind schedule since we made the extra stop to get Jackson. None the less, my trusty handyman had the SUV well stocked for a situation just like this, and within 10 minutes, the spare tire was on and we were back in action.

Got to the race just in time and Jesse and Monkey (who was in bib complete with her own time chip) ran down to the start line. The siren sounded before I made it to the start line with Horton and Jackson to see off the runners. Oh well, Horton was looking so handsome in his backpack, I was probably just being distracted by his cuteness.

I spent the next hour and a half walking around the park with Horton and Jackson while we waited for Jesse and Monks to near the finish line. Jesse will probably blog about this, but the trail was incredibly muddy, so I think everyone's times were a bit slower than anticipated. People were coming out with their lower half completely caked in mud. It was awesome. (Though Monkey needs a very serious bath now.) I tried to get a self-photo of Horton, Jackson and I waiting, but Jackson was a) too small, b) too fast and c) too squirmy to make it in any of the shots without just looking like a gray ball of blur. I did get this one of little bud and I that I really like though.
Anyway, we watched Jesse and Monkey cross the finish line, but unfortunately weren't able to stick around terribly long since Jesse still had to make it to work on time. He basically had time to collect his race loot and leave. This photo actually makes he and Monkey look pretty clean, but I can assure you, our floors tell a different story. =) (By the way, look how buff Jesse's calves have gotten.)
Back home, Jesse showered while I made his lunch, then out the door to work he went! After that, I headed over to the hospital to meet my niece, Jada Elsie. She peacefully snoozed away, so I held her until my arm fell asleep. I was silly enough to leave my camera in the car, so I have no non-grainy photos to show. But, rest assured, she's a cutie pie!
All in all, a good day! When I was out walking around the park with Horton and Jackson I was thinking about how I wish I could start every day with a long walk in the woods. Plus, anytime someone comes home covered in mud, that automatically means you must have done something fun. =)
6 comments:
The picture of you and Horton is so cute! And the one of you and Jada made me tear!
By the way, your man is definitely a keeper! I loved the photo of you in the car and he outside changing a tire on the way to his race!
What a busy day! Always love the pix!
Oh, I actually felt terrible not being out helping Jesse with the tire, but Jackson wasn't exactly on his best behavior, and I was afraid to leave him in the car with our dogs alone. He has no idea how small he is, and how easily he could get hurt by bigger dogs, that's for sure!! But, as usual, Jesse did awesome all by himself...(even though he shouldn't have had to!)
Congratulations! That is so fun! Your neice (although grainy) is very cute!
Oh, you don't have to explain Jesse being out alone changing that tire. Shoot, I may have chosen to change the tire over staying in the car with your two dogs and psycho Jackson! I think Jason and Steph leaving Jackson in the middle of the night has primed him that something in his little world has just taken a major shift!
Cute niece....I BEGGED Chris to when I was in labour with Raya to let me name her Jada...but he refused!! I love that name!!! Would have been Theo's middle name if he'd have been a girl.
Post a Comment