Monday, January 18, 2010

Snowy Adventures With the Pups

Yesterday the melting snow in our front yard unearthed Jesse's lost cell phone. Amazingly, it still works! I thought I'd post some photos from the day we lost it, as well as a few more we took today while we were out and about.

Jesse and Monkey taking a break from their cross-country skiing:

Always have to get at least one self-photo:


Horton and I were running behind Jesse and Monkey while they were skiing, and let me tell you, running in three feet of snow is much harder than running on a clear path! I was so tuckered out by the end, I flopped down in the snow, and my little snuggle bug Horton was quick to join me. He was being so snuggly, it was hard to get up and leave:

Monkey was more interested in skiing. I had to headlock her to get her to be in a photo with me. She is not really the snuggly type; more so the nibble-on-your-fingers-squirm-all-over-you-until-you-throw-my-ball-and-play-with-me type.


Today we were both off work and the weather was a little warmer, so we decided to go hiking with the dogs. It was fun, but very wet and muddy. Since everything was still covered in snow, it was impossible to know where (or what) you were stepping into. On a few occasions, Jesse and I discovered small creeks by stepping right into them. Very squishy, cold, socks by the end of our little adventure!


Notice here Monkey is sporting her new backpack! She carried most of our stuff for us today.

Yep, another self-photo. What family day would be complete without it?

My boys and the crazy girl:

Too bad every day can't be a "hiking with the dogs" day. Tomorrow it's back to business as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happy photos! Thanks for posting!