If you really want to spend a) the money and b) the time to mail me a Christmas card, please do more than just sign your name to the bottom of it. For otherwise, I feel a small sense of guilt as I throw away your card and waste a perfectly good tree.
Exception to the peeve: Photo cards. Although your signature doesn't add a) value to the card or b) any sort of message to the card, your mug does.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen, sister! Same goes for Christmas newsletters...I appreciate at least a couple of lines added for me personally or the value declines (although I do read them).
Wow you guys have no small expectations for those sending out cards! I send a picture because they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Consider yourselves loved, despite my lack of personalization. I will try harder next year!
We got your card today, Cheremi, and no worries, it passed the Nikkel test for Christmas cards.... =)
I'm mainly talking about people who just send a card and the ONLY thing that they did to it was signed their names. Photos make it better because it's at least somewhat more personal, like you can see the family all together and see how they have changed, instead of just this mass produced generic card from Wal-Mart with a signature that could have gone to me, or their boss, or their grandma and the most personal thing about the whole letter was my name on the outside of the envelope.
Post a Comment